Terms & Conditions of Purchase
Basic ISBN+Barcode Service
1. Publisher Name. All ISBNs purchased in the Basic ISBN+Barcode Service will show Primedia E-launch LLC (parent company of ISBN Services) as the publisher of record in the Books In Print Database. This does not prevent you from using your own publishing name on the inside of your book or at the time of distribution to Amazon KDP (ebook only), Ingram Spark, iTunes, Google Play, your local printer, etc.
2. Print Project Compatibility. Createspace/KDP Print, Amazon Seller Central/FBA, and Lulu have their own ISBN agreement with Bowker and as a result both do not allow ISBNs purchased from our Basic ISBN+Barcode Service to be used to publish on their platforms. If you’re planning on publishing through one of these outlets, consider going with our Custom ISBN+Barcode Service which provides a $40 discount off Bowker prices.
3. Customer Support. Because all ISBNs purchased through the Basic ISBN+Barcode Service show Primedia E-launch as the publisher of record, ISBN Services will be responsible for 100% of customer support. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions at all and we’ll be happy to help!
4. Content Policy. Because all ISBNs purchased through the Basic ISBN+Barcode Service show Primedia E-launch as the publisher of record, we reserve the right to deny service for any reason, including, but not limited to, illegal content, pornographic content or content containing graphic sexual references or images, and overly-violent content. In the case of illegal content, we will report the content to the appropriate authorities.
Custom ISBN+Barcode Number
1. After receipt of book title information, we will immediately submit your information to Bowker.
2. Delivery time of Custom ISBN number is dependent on a Bowker representative processing your order. We will notify you as soon as we receive confirmation.